Anticipate, develop and test out technologies
- Resolving technology and scientific issues
- Developing technology bricks and platforms
- Developing demonstrators
- Assisting with manufacturer skills ramp-up, best practices
- Coordinating doctoral and post-doctoral programmes
- Optimising process parameters
- Developing materials
Access to unique platforms on an industrial scale
- Access to equipment, with or without R&D assistance
- Technical training and tests in an industrial environment
Bring technology to maturity faster
- Technical feasibility studies
- Proof of concept
- Product dimensioning
- Prototype production
- Technical and economic assessment
Be advised about how to implement a technology
- Testing and characterisation
- Advice, consultancy & expertise
- Technology transfer
- Pre-series production
IRT M2P has access to dedicated funds as part of the French government’s “invest in the future” programme, the Programme d’Investissements d’Avenir (PIA), to jointly fund R&D projects and feasibility studies.
These projects have the support of IRT M2P and are mainly carried out using our skills on our facilities, generally in response to the combined research needs of several manufacturers.
- The partners define the research programme, which is jointly produced with the IRT M2P teams.
- Projects progressively take form based on a selection and funding access process in which IRT M2P is proficient.
- Partners who have contributed to these projects – major groups, medium-sized enterprises, SMEs and/or academic partners – have preferential access to the results.
This partnership approach enables the following:
- Definition of the work specifications for a new platform
- Studies into new ways to use a platform already available at IRT M2P
- Ascertain the need for a go/no go for a future project.